Conference bridges allow up to 20 participants to join a call simultaneously allowing you to have meetings with anyone, no matter where they’re located. A conference bridge can be accessed through an auto-attendant option, a direct phone number, a direct transfer, or by dialing an internal extension. Once you have joined a conference call, you can control your mic and volume levels (hosts have additional controls).
Access a Conference Bridge
From Your Jive Phone
1. Dial the conference bridge extension.
2. Enter the conference bridge participant or host pin (if required).
3. Record your name and then press # (if required).
From a Remote Phone
There are three ways for callers to access a conference bridge externally:
1. The caller is blind transferred to the conference bridge extension.
2. The caller is routed to the conference bridge through a dial plan (auto attendant node or conference room node).
3. The caller dials a phone number that is directed to the conference bridge.
Note: Once connected, you may be prompted to enter a conference bridge pin and/or to record your name.
In-Call Conferencing Controls
There are a number of in-call conferencing controls. Controls vary based on whether participants access the conference bridge as a participant or host (determined by the pin entered).
Dial * to access conferencing controls.
|[ 1 ]||
Mutes/Unmutes your microphone.
|[ 2 ] (Host Only)||
Locks/Unlocks the conference.*
|[ 3 ] (Host Only)||
Ejects the last user who joined the conference.*
|[ 4 ]||
Decreases the conference volume.
|[ 5 ]||
|[ 6 ]||
Increases the conference volume.
|[ 7 ]||
Decreases your microphone volume.
|[ 8 ]||
Exits the in-call conferencing controls menu.
|[ 9 ]||
Increases your microphone volume.
*Hosts cannot be locked out of a conference bridge or ejected once they have joined.