Call Monitoring (Eavesdropping): *17
Call monitors (eavesdroppers) can listen to a call in progress on any line without call interruption or intervention. This is especially helpful in training situations. This star code allows you to initiate call monitoring from your phone. Once you’re connected to the call, you can dial different codes to toggle between monitoring modes.
- Only lines provisioned on a single device can be monitored.
- Those that have monitoring permissions can only be monitored when ACL Monitoring Permissions are enabled.
In order to monitor calls, you must have monitoring permissions given to you by a system admin.
1. Dial *17 from your Jive phone.
2. Enter the line extension you would like to monitor.
3. Enter your dialable password (default 0000).
Note: This password is separate from your voicemail password and can be changed by dialing *19 from your Jive phone.
4. During the call, press any of the following options to change between monitoring modes:
|[ 4 ] Spy Mode (default)||
Allows the monitor to enter an existing conversation silently without interrupting the ongoing call; neither the agent nor the caller is notified of the monitor’s presence. This is often used for quality assurance purposes.
|[ 5 ] Whisper Mode||
Allows the monitor to speak to the agent while remaining invisible (silent) to the caller. This is especially useful when training a new agent on incoming calls.
|[ 6 ] Barge Mode||
Allows the monitor to join an on-going conversation between two parties, being heard by both.
Was this help page useful? Send feedback.