This feature is supported on Cisco MPP, Polycom, and Yealink only.
So you’ve got someone that has to bounce around the office or between different locations—like a hot potato—and they need an easy way to access their phone. Hot desking allows a user to load their extension settings to a shared phone and use it as their own (make/receive calls and check voicemail) regardless of where they physically sit.
1. Click Users in the left sidebar.
2. Click the user that requires hot desking permissions.
3. From General tab > Hot Desking section, Enable Hot Desking.
4. Select a Hot Desk Roaming Profile (optional) to determine which device settings are used during hot desking.
- If you do not select a profile, the first device listed under User’s Devices is used.
- You can only choose from devices assigned to the current user or any devices without an assigned user.
5. Click [SAVE].
6. Verify hot desking is enabled on each shared phone from Devices > Choose Device > Hardware tab > Enable Hot Desking (this is enabled by default).