This feature is in PRIVATE BETA. Please email email@example.com to request early access to the SMS tab.
Stop giving out your personal phone number just so that you can text with colleagues and clients. Users with SMS (Short Message Service) permissions have the ability to send text messages from their Jive number through Jive Mobile, Jive Desktop, and Jive Web.
- To avoid confusion, these permissions should be limited to only a few users per phone number.
- This feature is not supported on international phone numbers.
1. Click Phone Numbers in the left sidebar.
2. Click the phone number that requires SMS capabilities (this feature must be activated by Jive before it is available).
3. From the SMS tab > SMS Administration section, browse for and select the desired user that will be allowed to send SMS messages from this phone number.
Tip: To remove a user’s SMS permissions, hover over the user and then click the trash icon.
4. Select the newly added user and then check Enable SMS (Permissions).
5. Click [SAVE].
It can take ≈20 minutes before SMS is fully functional.