Call monitors (eavesdroppers) can listen to a call in progress on any line without call interruption or intervention. These permissions are typically given to managers for training and quality assurance purposes—so don’t go all CIA on everyone and start spying on your colleagues.
In order to manage call monitors, you must have super admin permissions given to you by a super admin.
1. Click Permissions in the left sidebar.
2. From the Monitoring tab > Monitoring Permissions section, select one of the following:
|Simple Monitoring Permissions||
Users can monitor all lines on the system (full monitoring access).
|ACL Monitoring Permissions||
Access Control List – Users can only monitor specific lines on the system (limited monitoring access).
3. From the Who/Monitors section:
a. To add a user or user group, browse for and select the desired user or user group.
b. To remove a user or user group, click [X] for the user or user group you would like to remove.
- Only lines provisioned on a single device can be monitored.
- Those that have monitoring permissions can only be monitored when ACL Monitoring Permissions are enabled.
4. If using ACL permissions, select a user or user group (Who) and then browse for and choose the user(s) or user group(s) to be monitored (Can Monitor).
5. Click [SAVE].