In order to use a device (like a phone), the network you’re on must be trusted. Usually, networks are automatically authorized when a device registers and provisions with Jive; however, for an individual who frequently changes networks (e.g. mobile users), you can authorize a range of IP addresses to allow them to roam more freely without needing to reboot their phone, or log out and back in to their mobile app each time their network changes.
Note: Authorizing IP address ranges is not required and is considered advanced. Please contact Customer Support if you need additional assistance.
Step 1: Identify IP Address Range
1. Perform a Google search for “my ip address”. Copy your public IP address that displays at the top of your results.
2. Go to http://whois.arin.net/rest/ip/YOUR_IP_ADDRESS where YOUR_IP_ADDRESS is replaced with your IP address. For example, if your IP address was 10.20.333.444 you would go to http://whois.arin.net/rest/ip/10.20.333.444.
If this method fails, navigate to whois.arin.net and search for your IP address in the upper-right corner.
3. Copy the CIDR. If necessary, you can double-check the CIDR with with this tool.
Note: If the CIDR ends in /8, it is possible that the range belongs to another regional internet registry. If the Net Type mentions any of the following, you will need to perform a search from the respective registry:
4. Verify the internet service provider (ISP) is correct.
Note: If the provider is a cellular carrier, it is common to see “Service Provider Corporation” displayed as the ISP.
Step 2: Add IP Address Range to Network Access Permissions
To add an IP address range, format the network to include the subnet mask using CIDR notation. For example, 184.108.40.206/24 where /24 is the subnet mask.
1. Click Network Access in the left sidebar.
2. Click [ADD NETWORK ACCESS PERMISSION].
3. Enter the CIDR as the Network.
4. Enable REG and PROV.
5. Enter an Expiration date for the network range (optional).
6. Enter a Comment to help identify the network range (optional).
7. Click the checkmark icon.
Tip: To edit these settings, click the edit icon for the network you would like to edit. Click the checkmark icon to save your changes.