Extension mapping reroutes an extension or a range of extensions to another extension. This is primarily used to transition a third party phone system to Jive or to integrate your remote workers with a traditional phone system. Another cool tip—use extension mapping to allow a caller to dial 0 (zero) to reach an operator (i.e. an extension of your choice).
1. Click System Settings in the left sidebar.
2. From the Extension Mapping tab, click [ADD EXTENSION MAPPING].
3. Enter an extension or range of extensions for the Pattern. Use X for extension ranges:.
- 1XXX for extensions 1000-1999
- 12XX for extensions 1200-1299
- 123X for extensions 1230-1239
Note: Only unassigned extensions will follow these mapping rules.
4. Select the Extension (this is the destination for the rerouted extensions).
5. Click the checkmark icon.