Avoid having to transfer your callers all over the place by routing them through an auto attendant. Capable of handling high-volume call traffic, an auto attendant plays a recorded sound clip providing dialable options to callers. Based on the option chosen, the caller will be routed to different call paths. Before setting up your auto attendant, we recommend that you understand the content found in Dial Plans and Create a New Dial Plan.
After adding the auto attendant node to your canvas:
1. Browse for and select a sound clip.
Note: The sound clip must be recorded before it can be added to the auto attendant.
2. Select the Timeout duration (time allotted to the caller after the sound clip to make a selection before being directed to the On timeout call path).
3. Check Allow Extension Dialing if you would like to allow the caller to dial (at any time) and be routed to any system extension.
4. Drag and drop the red target for On timeout and On invalid. If you would like the auto attendant to loop, drag and drop the target onto the Auto Attendant node.
5. Click [Add option] to add multiple dialable options for the caller. Click the red X to remove a dialable option.
6. Add a dialable code for each option. These codes can be numbers, # (pound), * (star), or any combination. Make sure your options are clearly described in your auto attendant message (sound clip).
Tip: To hide an option from callers, exclude instructions from the sound clip.
7. Drag and drop any additional nodes to follow the auto attendant.
8. Drag and drop the red targets for each dialable option to the next step in the dial plan.
9. Click [Save].