A dial by name directory allows your callers to reach an extension without knowing it from memory. Your system comes ready with an internal directory (includes all extensions) that is assigned as the default directory. You can edit this directory or create a new default directory that internal users can access by dialing *11. To help narrow your inbound callers’ search, you can also create department or location directories to be used in a dial plan (Directory node).
1. Click Dial By Name Directories in the left sidebar.
2. Click [ADD DIAL BY NAME DIRECTORY].
3. Enter a Name for the dial by name directory.
4. Click the checkmark icon.
5. Click the new dial by name directory to edit its settings.