It’s nice to know if someone is available before you call them. Presence monitoring allows you to visually monitor the speed dial contacts assigned to your phone to know whether or not they are on an active call. These line keys will light up (busy lamp field) indicating if a contact is busy or idle.
Presence monitoring capacity is dependent on the number of line keys on the phone model; see the phone’s user manual to learn more.
1. Click Devices in the left sidebar.
2. Choose the device that requires presence monitoring.
3. From the Button Configuration tab, check Allow this device to monitor the presence of other devices.
4. Select Speed Dial w/Presence as the button type, and then choose the extension to be monitored.
Note: To presence monitor a call parking spot, change the type to phone number (icon next to the extension) and then enter *37 + the parking spot number.
5. Edit the button label (optional).
Note: The button label overrides the line name.
6. Click [SAVE].
Note: You must power cycle the device to apply any changes made to its settings.