Say you’re being inundated with calls from a merchant services company asking for your business (that never happens, right?). Using call filters you can block those phone numbers and decide exactly what happens when they call you. Do you hang up on them automatically, play a blacklisted or custom message, or simply send them straight to voicemail? Either way, it’s your call (pun intended).
1. Click Call Filters in the left sidebar.
2. Click [ADD CALL FILTER].
3. Enter the Number criteria for the call filter. Criteria options include:
- A 10 digit phone number.
- Use * (star) as a wildcard to broaden call filter criteria (e.g. 800* filters calls from 1-800 numbers, *4437 filters all calls ending in 4437).
- Leave blank to filter anonymous calls.
4. Enter a Description (optional).
5. Select the Action for incoming calls that match the call filter criteria. Action options include:
Terminates the call as soon as it hits the system without playing any message or providing the caller with any options.
|Play block notification||
Plays a brief “You have been blacklisted on this system” message and then terminates the call without providing any further options.
Plays a designated sound clip and then terminates the call without providing any further options. When this action is selected, a new field appears to choose the desired pre-recorded sound clip.
Directs the call to a designated extension (all extension types, including dial plans are valid). When this action is selected, a new field appears to select the desired extension.
Directs the call to a designated voicemail box. When this action is selected, a new field appears to select the desired voicemail box (all extension types that have voicemail options are valid).
6. Click the checkmark icon.