Set Up Call Recording System-Wide
Recording your phone calls can be useful for training, legal, or historical purposes. You can enable this feature to record all incoming and/or outgoing calls on your entire system. In addition, call recording can be enabled on individual phone numbers, lines, ring groups, call queues, or conference bridges.
Before the options to enable call recording appear, your remote storage must be setup.
1. Click System Settings in the left sidebar.
2. From the Recording tab > Call Recording section, enable incoming and/or outbound calls to be recorded.
3. Select a Call Recording Format.
Smaller file size (default, recommended). 1GB of storage will hold approximately 10,000 minutes of recorded calls.
Larger file size, more compatible with mobile devices. 1GB of storage will hold approximately 1,000 minutes of recorded calls.
4. Click [SAVE].
- If call recording is enabled in multiple locations (line, ring group, phone number, or system-wide), only one copy of the call will be recorded.
- If call recording is enabled system-wide or on a phone number and a call queue, multiple copies of the call will be recorded. The call queue will generate a recording that excludes the hold music, where the other recordings will include the hold music.
- If call recording is enabled system-wide or on a phone number and a conference bridge, multiple copies of the call will be recorded. The conference bridge will generate a recording that starts when the first participant enters and ends when the last participant exits. Additionally, a separate recording will be created from the perspective of each participant.
Was this help page useful? Send feedback.