Add New Hardware
Before a device can make and receive calls, it needs a way to be identified over the network. By adding a device’s 12 digit MAC address (usually found on the bottom of the device) to a hardware profile, you are providing the device’s unique identifier, and thus allowing it to work with Jive. After your hardware profiles have been created, you must then assign them to individual devices.
You are not billed for storing hardware profiles. You are only billed for the devices to which they are assigned.
1. Click Hardware in the left sidebar.
2. Click [ADD HARDWARE].
3. Enter the MAC Address.
- This 12 digit string is unique to each VoIP phone and is typically found on the back of the device.
- The model is automatically set during provisioning and is therefore optional for all phones except the Cisco 79XX series and Cyberdata paging devices.
4. Verify the MAC Address was entered correctly.
5. Click the checkmark icon.
6. Click the new hardware to edit its settings.
7. Click [SAVE].
Was this help page useful? Send feedback.