Set Up Shared Line Appearance (SLA) on a Device
This feature is supported on Cisco MPP, Yealink, Polycom VVX only.
Shared Line Appearance (SLA) allows up to eight phones to share a single extension and easily move calls between those phones. This functionality is beneficial for an executive and their assistant to mutually manage and monitor incoming calls and calls placed on hold (Boss Admin SLA). A shared line is a 2-way line, and is not a conference line.
Step 1: Create a Shared Line
Note: If the line that needs to be shared has already been created, simply enable Shared Line in steps 7-8 and then power cycle all devices that share the line.
1. Click Lines in the left sidebar.
2. Click [ADD LINE].
3. The next available number will automatically populate the Extension; change this number as needed (optional).
4. Enter a Name for the line.
Note: This can be overridden by the button label.
5. Click the checkmark icon.
6. Click the new line to edit its settings.
7. From the General tab > Extension section, select Use for the Name, and then enter the desired name for the shared line.
8. Enable Shared Line.
9. Click [SAVE].
Note: The line will appear with next to its extension number throughout the portal.
Step 2: Assign the Shared Line to a Device Line Key
1. Click Devices in the left sidebar.
2. Click the device that needs the shared line added to one of its line keys.
3. From the Button Configuration tab, check Allow this device to monitor the presence of other devices.
4. Select LINE and then choose the SLA extension.
5. Edit the button label (optional).
Note: The button label overrides the line name.
6. Click [SAVE].
Note: You must power cycle the device to apply any changes made to its settings.
Repeat steps 1-6 as needed for each additional device that will share the line.
Was this help page useful? Send feedback.