Updated September 30, 2016This managed services agreement governs the managed services provided by Jive Communications, Inc. (“Jive”) to the “Customer” identified in a signed sales quote.
This agreement is subject to Jive’s terms of service, which are available at jive.com/legal/terms-of-service/.
The parties agree as follows:
- Term; extension of term. (a) The initial term of this agreement is 12 months. The duration of the term is measured in calendar months beginning on the first day of the first whole month after the Customer has signed the sales quote. Jive shall prorate Service Charges for any partial month at the beginning of the initial term.
(b) This agreement will automatically extend month-to-month after the initial term.
(c) The term stated in this section applies to Managed Services and may be different than the term for other Services on the Customer’s account.
- Customer benefits.
Jive shall provide the following benefits to the Customer:
- Jive shall supply the network hardware identified in the sales quote in connection with Jive Managed Services (the “Network Hardware”). The Network Hardware will be pre-configured to give priority to voice traffic. If the Network Hardware fails for any reason other than damage by the Customer, Jive shall replace it at no charge to the Customer via overnight shipping;
- Jive shall assign a dedicated project manager to assist the Customer with implementation;
- Jive shall provide the Customer direct access to tier 2 phone support for all support calls without requiring the Customer to first engage tier 1 phone support;
- Jive shall monitor the performance of the Customer’s network and shall alert the Customer of detected network degradation likely to affect call quality; and
- Jive shall remotely update the Customer’s dial plan and voice-related router configuration upon request from the Customer.
- Network monitoring. (a) The network monitoring service identified in item 4 of section 2 of this agreement will be accomplished via software pre-installed on the Network Hardware (the “Software”).
(b) The Software will generate general network performance data related to the Customer’s local area network and wide area network. It will not access, collect, or quantify any data transmitted on the Company’s network except the data the Software itself generates. The Software will run continuously in the background and will consume minimal network resources.
(c) The Customer acknowledges that call quality cannot be predicted with certainty based on network performance data collected by the Software.
- Hardware ownership. Jive owns the Network Hardware. At the end of the term, the Customer shall return it to Jive at the Customer’s expense.