Jive Communications Technology Canada Ltd.
What information does Jive collect?
Jive may collect the following types of information:
- Information it requests. Jive may request business contact information (name, phone number, email address, and physical address), payment information (billing address, payment account number, and security code and expiration date for credit cards) and phone number information (phone number and extension assignments, phone numbers to be ported to Jive, and account verification information from a previous phone service provider).
- Information a person voluntarily gives. A person may voluntarily give information to Jive. This includes information in a chat, email, phone call, service ticket or other communication with Jive. Jive does not control the nature of this information.
- Information from use of its services. Jive automatically collects some information when customers use its services. For example, Jive automatically collects source, destination, and duration information for every phone call placed or received using its services. Jive also stores customers’ voice mail messages until the customer deletes them. Jive may record calls between its employees and its customers or prospective customers after giving required notice.
- Information from use of its websites and ads. Jive collects information about the activities of visitors to its websites. This information may include the content viewed, the date and time it was viewed, or the IP address from which it was viewed. Jive also places advertisements (“ads”) on other websites via third party ad services and collects information about which ads are clicked.
Is this personal information?
Information collected from use of Jive’s websites is not associated with any personally identifiable information.
How does Jive use the information it collects?
Jive uses the information it collects in the following ways:
- to communicate with customers and prospective customers about Jive’s services;
- to deliver services to customers;
- to respond to customer requests;
- to collect payment for services;
- to customize its services;
- to improve its services;
- to give notice of changes to its service; and
- to improve its websites and serve more relevant ads.
When will Jive disclose the information it collects?
Jive will not disclose personal information to third parties for the third parties’ marketing purposes. However, Jive may disclose personal information to third parties for processing. For example, Jive discloses customer payment information to third party payment vendors to process customer payments.
Jive may also disclose personal information:
- to comply with a subpoena or other legal obligation to provide information;
- with a subsidiary company, parent company, or a subsidiary of a parent company; and
- if Jive sells or buys any business or assets, in which event Jive may disclose personal information to the purchaser.
The entities to which Jive discloses personal information may be located in Canada, the United States, or other countries. Information disclosed to these entities will be subject to the privacy laws of the jurisdictions in which the entities are located. These privacy laws may be less protective than the privacy laws of the jurisdiction in which Jive collected the information.
Is the information secure?
Jive takes a range of measures to help protect personal information of customers and others. However, no security measure is perfect. This means Jive cannot guarantee the security of personal information. Jive does not assume responsibility for unauthorized access to or use of personal information under its control.
Access to personal information
A subject of personal information can access the personal information. To request access, please send an email to email@example.com under the heading “Subject Access Request”. Before Jive processes a request, it may ask for personal information to verify the subject’s identity. Depending on the nature of the request and applicable law, Jive may request payment or may reject requests that are unreasonable or impractical to fulfill.
Changes to this policy
For questions related to this policy, please send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org.