- Sound Quality – When VoIP was first introduced, the sound quality was subpar. However, with the proper high-speed Internet broadband connection, digital sound quality is actually superior to its analog counterpart.
- Savings – The cost savings when switching from a traditional business telephone service to VoIP is substantial. VoIP hosted providers, such as Jive, offer unlimited long distance, low per user line costs and month-to-month contracts. This allows businesses to easily budget exact costs for telephone utilities, instead of the traditional unexpected jaw-dropping telephone bills.
- Tariffs – Most businesses have become so accustom to telephone utility tariffs and taxes that they are shocked when their VoIP bills arrive. Currently, Jive only collects the government required Regulatory Recovery Fee, making itemized and lump sum taxes outdated.
- Portability – The beauty of VoIP phone systems is that they are flexible, portable, professional and scalable. This means that companies who have employees who travel can easily answer incoming calls and make outgoing calls through a mobile VoIP device. This also means that employees with access to high-speed Internet connections can work from home, mobile or satellite offices.
- Ease of Use – VoIP Internet systems are incredibly easy to use. Businesses can simply plug VoIP approved devices into their system and be up and running in virtually no time. Jive offers excellent customer service and technical support, providing manuals, tutorials, telephone support, online support, live chat options and email support.
- Features – Jive offers a number of features, including auto attendants, voicemail, caller ID, music on hold, call routing, virtual extensions, dial-by-name directories, call forwarding, call recording, call logs, call reports, unified messaging, message on hold, desktop integration, online fax, ring groups, Visual Dial Plan Editor, intercom, call queues, find-me follow-me, speed dial, custom schedules, remote access, LDAP integration, call transfers and online PBX controls. These features were once only available to large corporations; however, business VoIP systems now offer these features to small and large businesses alike.
Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) offers a number of advantages for small businesses, government departments, large corporations and enterprises. The following are the top reasons to switch from standard analog telephone systems to VoIP: