- Tablets – This convenient mini-computer system allows small business owners to carry around a device that provides Internet access, email, calendar management, to do lists, notes, calculators, contacts, driving directions and photos. Much easier to carry than a traditional laptop, tablets help increase efficiency. Tablets are traditionally less expensive than a laptop and can help boost business flow. For example:
- Restaurants are using tablets to allow customers to order, even using this as an advanced Point of Sale (POS) system.
- Graphic Designs have the ability to always carry around their portfolios.
- Real Estate Agents can easily search for homes, email and even give client presentations away from the office.
- Hair Stylists are using tablets as a form of POS system, including offering online appointments.
- Applications – There are a number of mobile application devices for tablets and Smartphones. For example, business owners can share calendars with employees, easily share and link documents and even contribute to idea building.
- Find Me – This feature is invaluable for businesses of all sizes. Jive strives to provide VoIP businesses with Find-Me Follow-Me features that allow customers to reach employees within seconds, no matter their locations.
- Online Backup – Cloud based management is rapidly becoming necessary for time management. Not only does this technology sync Smartphones, tablets, laptops and computers, it saves employees valuable time by providing necessary information at their fingertips, instead of embarking on a marathon file hunting expedition.
Small business owners often struggle, wearing a number of different hats and fulfilling a variety of roles within their ever budding, developing businesses. Fortunately, today’s advanced technology offers productivity boosters, which prove as valuable time savers for these multi-tasking professionals.